Pune has fast become one of the major education centers in the country – there are no two ways about it. There are several reasons for this, including the fact that many MNCs and big name corporations in various sectors have set up their base here, and they are looking for management professionals to take on various roles in their organizations. The education sector is doing its bit by moulding young students into industry-ready professionals. With an increasing number of B Schools making their presence felt in the area, it’s important to look beyond the regular names and consider what the Top 20 MBA Colleges in Pune can do for your future career.
At the end of the day, the B School you opt for is going to be the place where you will be groomed as a professional. Therefore, you want it to be equipped to the task and in keeping with the latest trends in the industry. However, one crucial aspect that often comes into play as far as B School choices are concerned is Placements. Students want to make sure their careers are set on the right track right at the onset, which is why it’s important to know more about the placement scenario and the contribution your institute makes in providing you with the best career options. The following list outlines important factors that a student should look for in a B School:
- The relationship that a B School shares with the industry is vital because that’s how it manages to draw recruiters to its campus. This is something that management hopefuls should be aware of and consider before opting for a B School.
- It has also been seen that management institutes that are backed by industrial houses and organizations have their advantages, which are reflected during the placement season. Thus, enrolling in a B School with corporate support can be a step in the right direction for a student.
- While the contribution of a B School towards its students’ future careers is well understood, students need to realize that they should equip themselves with the necessary skills needed to boost their career prospects. In addition, students should groom their personalities to make themselves more appealing candidates to recruiters. Only then, will a student make headway into the competitive job market of today.
- One of the common follies made by management graduates is that many of them turn down the job offers they get from recruiters who visit the campus. In most cases, it’s because they expect higher salaries and don’t focus on the role that’s offered to them. According to the experts in the field, at the onset of your career, it’s better to think about your job profile rather than your salary.
- International Placements are what some of the students hope for and miss out on other exciting opportunities in the bargain. You have to remember that very few students bag an International Placement; in addition, there are plenty of rewarding options in the country at the moment. This should be more of a focus.
The best colleges in Pune can help you prepare for the challenges and road ahead. They can give you a solid foundation with which to pursue your career aspirations.