Source : http://bit.ly/1Pie7tT
Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management (VJIM), Hyderabad offers PG Diploma in Business Management, approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD. Govt. of India and NAAC accredited. There has been always an argument whether to opt for PGDM or MBA, but PGDM is any day better than pursuing MBA. Premier institutes like IIM’s, XLRI, XIMB, offer PGDM rather than MBA, the reasons being,
- PGDM institutes are autonomous bodies, not affiliated to any university, hence are independent entities.
- The autonomy of PGDM institutes help them design their own curriculum to be taught instead of following outdated University syllabus. The curriculum is updated regularly depending on the need of the Industry. Hence one can say that PGDM courses are more Industry relevant, up to date as compared to MBA courses.
- At University level the syllabus changes every 3-4 years, which becomes outdated in the fast changing world of advancement.
- PGDM prepares graduates for senior level positions in industry and paves the way for a strong corporate career, as the course itself is very challenging and makes the students industry ready right from the beginning.
- The curriculum of MBA course is more inclined towards offering theoretical knowledge while PGDM programs offer students with greater industrial exposure.
- PGDM programs meet industry requirements along with additional features like English classes, personality development, etc along with the course. Thus students possessing PGDM degrees are more likely to grab hot job opportunities with the essential experience and knowledge. Hence PGDM programs offers fast-paced career growth as compared to MBA programs and turns out to be the intelligent choice between the two.
VJIM’s curriculum has its uniqueness which differentiates itself from other colleges offering PG diploma in Business Management. VJIM refreshes its curriculum every year according to the demand by various industries.
- For the 1st year students, the year starts with pre-term courses to make all the students stand under the same roof, to ensure uniformity about the knowledge of the subjects amongst students.
- And each day starts with Economic Times analysis, where there is student-faculty interaction on the headlines of that day.
- VJIM uses a very interesting technique of teaching called POGIL (Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning).
- For the 2nd year/ final year students, the semester starts with Reverse Orientation of Fundamental Concepts, where in, before the regular syllabus of 2nd year starts, the students are revised with all the topics of the previous trimesters, which lasts for a few weeks.
- The college has introduced Students Forum, where the students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities, such as business quiz, debates, new product development and its launch, innovative marketing techniques by students, etc.
VJIM provides a promising career for the students who are looking forward to a global management education and its curriculum helps tremendously in growing their career at a fast pace.