Management hopefuls from all over the country wait for this time of the year when they can seek admissions at some of the best B Schools in the country. They understand that this is one decision that can have a huge long-term impact on their future careers. Hence they spend a lot of time researching and gathering information about management institutes in the country. If you are keen on doing your MBA In Kerala then you will be interested in knowing that admissions for one of the best PGDM colleges in the state are now open.
SCMS Cochin School of Business has gained its reputation on the back of a comprehensive Full Time and part-time PGDM program that not only creates successful future professionals but entrepreneurs as well. SCMS Cochin also offers a two years’ MBA program. The AICTE approved B School that has won several accolades over the years, focuses on a curriculum that keeps in mind industry requirements and several initiatives that offer students practical exposure. That’s why they are prepared for the challenges in their careers and it is visible in the strong list of institute alumni, many of whom have created a niche for themselves in their chosen careers.
If you want to gain admission at this top rated institute then here are a few interesting facts that you might want to know.
- Firstly, SCMS Cochin has more than four decades of legacy in management education that it strives to live up to. It does that by offering the best learning amenities and opportunities to its students. Its faculty members are its pillars of strength and their vast experience is handy for students.
- Another important aspect of learning at the B School is the classroom diversity. It has been seen that each classroom has students from more than 10 states in the country. They also have their own specific backgrounds and that creates an enriching learning environment in the classroom.
- To offer its students an insight into the minds of professionals and functioning of organizations, the institute invites reputed corporate managers and entrepreneurs to its campus. Over 50 industry speakers make their presence felt every academic session for interface sessions, seminars on relevant topics and more.
- The might of a B School in many ways is seen in its placement record. SCMS Cochin has managed to get around 95% of its class recruited during the placement season year after year. More than 55 companies recruited from the class of 2015 and they included big names from different sectors including Axis Bank, Asian Paints, HCL, ICICI Securities and Mahindra Finance.
- The full time PGDM program at the institute has 240 seats for students. Graduates from any discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% and those appearing for final year exams can apply for admissions, which are now open. A minimum of 50 % score in MAT by AIMA, ATMA by AIMS, XAT by XLRI and CAT by IIMs is required for eligibility. Candidates are put through group discussions and personal interview before being admitted for the program.
Interested candidates can apply for the course online and ensure that they get a wholesome learning experience. To read more, visit: www.scms.edu.in
Perline Li, business school student, explains why she decided to pursue a masters in management despite her end goal being dentistry.
As a management aspirant you want to make sure you are getting the best learning experience at your chosen B School, which will prepare you for the road ahead. But you need to realize it depends as much on the curriculum of the program as on the reputation and amenities of the institute. In fact, it can make your Full Time PGDM program truly comprehensive and geared towards the industry requirements, which gives you the cutting edge advantage in the competitive job market.
If you have decided to do your MBA In Kerala, and especially in Kochi, which is fast becoming a much sought after education centre for students from all over the country, then you can give yourself that edge. That’s because you can find an institute like SCMS Cochin School of Business that focuses on creating a curriculum that offers students a unique learning experience. It not only helps them understand management concepts and builds a solid foundation, but ensures that they get practical exposure that makes them appealing to recruiters during the placement season.
- To begin with, a top rated B School does everything possible to ensure that its curriculum is constantly evolving according to the latest industry trends. SCMS Cochin for example takes inputs from industry experts and entrepreneurs when creating the curriculum that is on par with the best. As a result you are equipped with skills that go a long way in boosting your future careers.
- Interestingly, it is also one of the few business schools in the country that offers twelve relevant and topical streams for specialization. While Marketing Management is a compulsory specialization, in keeping with industry demands, students are given the option of choosing elective courses based on their specific interests.
- The institute also introduces new specializations that take into account employment opportunities any given year. Retailing, Insurance And Banking are just some of the specializations that the institute has offered in recent times. It has also collaborated with CII Institute of Logistics in Chennai to offer a much sought after Supply Chain Management Programme.
- Another important aspect of learning at a top institute is that it focuses on the dreams and ambitions of students who want to turn entrepreneurs or look after their family business. Through interactions with other entrepreneurs in the area and beyond, different initiatives like start-up village etc, the institute can offer students exposure they need.
- In fact, the institute has several initiatives like Industry Institute Interface sessions where students get an opportunity to learn from the experts in the industry. From renowned HR professionals to Finance Gurus and Operations Managers, the institute draws big names to the campus for inspiring talks to students. It has also held seminars and conclaves on relevant topics like M-commerce, which keep students abreast with the latest in the field.
And that’s how students become industry ready and prepared for flourishing careers or entrepreneurial journeys.
Applying to a top business school can be daunting, but it should not keep bright students from submitting their application. During this session, Sonia Gastaud, Deputy Head of International Admissions at EDHEC Business School will share insights and practical advice on how to present a good application file so you can shine in the programme manager’s eye!
Julia Yoo, from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management, sees the business school application as a place for storytelling where you can communicate who you are simply and effectively.
Jackie DiMonte, from The University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, describes her path from Engineering as an undergraduate to her current MBA program and discusses the knowledge she’s gained so far.
Pete McCaffrey, from The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business, calls on his experience as a campus tour guide to provide his best tips for maximizing the benefit of your next business school campus visit.
Studying PGDM in Hyderabad is equivalent to an investment of a great amount of money, time and energy. Hence, it becomes of prime importance to pick the right business school, which can meet the needs as well as aspirations of the candidates. Before selecting any PGDM college in Hyderabad make sure to visit the campus in order to judge the ambience of the college, whether it is fit for you or not. There are certain parameters that one must consider while selecting a college for pursuing PGDM. Here are the parameters:
Class size plays a big role in the overall process of learning while pursuing PGDM. The number of students always vary from one institution to another. The check on the professional experience and cultural background of the students is mandatory in order to judge the learning process of the institute. One should also check the alumnus status of the institute.
2.Faculty of the college
The faculties associated with the college play a key role in shaping up the career. Their qualifications, knowledge and achievement will not only add to the institutional value, but also to the career goals an aspirant aspires to achieve. The faculties at reputed colleges usually possess at least 5 years of industrial experience so that they can provide a valuable insight about the practical world. The narrative instances can aid in better learning.
Reputed colleges need not call companies for the purpose of recruitment, instead they are visited by big companies for the purpose of placements. If a good number of companies, visit the institute for a period of more than 5 years and every year hires the similar number of students, then one can judge that the reputation of the institute in terms of the industrial reputation is good. Get in touch with the alumni of the institute to know more about the college’s reputation in the industry.
4.Return on Investment
The term of Return on Investment (ROI) is not alien to any of you reading this post. The main purpose of doing PGDM is to enhance the ROI, which can be calculated by comparing the placement package achieved after completing the degree to the fees and other charges paid to pursue the course and the opportunity cost of completing this course. Before selecting any college, make sure that the ROI turns out to be a positive figure. For instance, if you spend 15 lacs for your studies at a particular college, the placement should be so good that ROI turns out to be at least 0.8.
MICA – Q4 – What was your criteria for short-listing b-schools?
MICA – Q1 – What prompted you to pursue an MBA or Masters?