In the highly competitive modern times, management courses have come to play a vital role in helping the candidates develop the right skills and attitude to ensure a successful career. While, pursuing an MBA program had been the most preferred option for candidates up until only a couple of years ago, the scenario is rapidly changing. Today an increasing number of candidates are opting for the Post Graduate Diploma courses in India, which are being offered by almost all top ranking B-schools. Discussed below are some reasons that have led to the popularity of the PGDM courses amongst management aspirants.
- The PGDM course are considered equivalent to the MBA programs but focus more on imparting practical concepts rather than theoretical ones. Moreover the PGDM programs are often priced significantly lesser than the regular MBA programs and hence can be easily afforded by candidates from a wider range of economic backgrounds.
- The PGDM programs generally offer specialization in different areas. This means that candidates can opt for a Post Graduate Diploma program in Human Resources or marketing or retailing or even entrepreneurship to name a few. This can prove especially helpful for candidates who have planned out their career in a specific niche of their choice.
- Given the wide choice of course options, PGDM ensures a better chance of success for the candidates as they are able to enhance their expertise in a field of their choice. It also provides them with the unique opportunity of gaining the best knowledge and training in a field which they are interested in and which matches with their inherent skills and personality traits.
- Most PGDM programs focus not only on the academic excellence of the candidates but also on the overall personality development and growth. This idea is to make them market ready when they complete the course not only in terms of the knowledge they possess but also the various inter-personal skills that the employers might be looking for.
- PGDM programs offered by renowned institutions are the next best option for candidates who are not able to gain admission in the MBA programs of top B-schools. For example opting for a Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management from a well ranked institute is definitely a better choice than pursuing a MBA course from a little known college that is not even ranked.
Most importantly the PGDM programs are recognized and accepted by the industry, which means that the candidates pursuing these programs do not need to worry about getting placed in a good organization.