A guide by one of the Top MBA Colleges in Hyderabad
“The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
Gone are the days, when there was a notion of a born leader. Leadership is an art and it can be learnt with time. Although, anyone can learn how to be a leader, in order to be good and effective as a leader, you need to learn some key rules that will help you from the very start and will always remain with you as you grow. These rules can be considered as the foundational pillars over which you can build a successful leadership career.
As one of the Best MBA Colleges in Hyderabad, we teach this art to our students and also these 6 key rules.
6 Major Keys To Effective Leadership:
- Recognize – This means a willingness to learn at every step of your career path. Recognize that one true role model who inspires you the most. You can then benefit from all the strengths of your role model as well as learn from their mistakes so you do not have to make any of your own. Having a role model inspires you to be an effective leader and thus helps in your overall growth and development as a leader.
- Realize – Our history has mads leadership such a big deal that you need to realise that it is no rocket science and you do not need to be a born leader. Being a class monitor or head boy/girl in your school time would in no way ensure that you will be a great leader in future in the same way being part of the crowd as a kid does not undermine your ability to be a leader as you grow up. So Stop underestimating yourself and be faith in yourself.
- Remember – There is one Golden Rule that you should always remember for becoming a great leader: “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!” Your ability to being empathetic towards other people is what makes you a good leader. Always try to keep yourself in other’s shoes before you deal with anyone and you would never disappoint yourself as a leader. The one thing you need to remember in order to become a successful leader is that “Relationships Matter!”
- Replicate – Replicate the good practices and what works for you and your team. Do not try to force things on others as no one can work under resistance. You may have a value system that you read in books and that works for you but there might be a case it won’t work for your team. In that case, do not be stubborn. Experiment and try to find out what works best and then replicate effectively and efficiently.
- Reinvent- Change is the only constant thing in the world. As a leader, one thing you need to learn is challenging the status quo and always trying to learn the new ways to an effective leadership. People change over time. Having one good method of leadership might doom you in the long run. The Leadership practices which were effective for one team might be completely useless for the other. Hence to be an effective leader, keep learning, keep reinventing and keep growing.