Pursuing a management course from a highly renowned institute can make a huge difference in ensuring a successful career for a management professional. That is why most management aspirants work hard to gain admission in the bet and top ranked colleges across the country. However, in order to succeed in their endeavors, the aspiring candidates need to be well aware of the admission process followed by different institutes. Sadly, most candidates tend to focus only on obtaining an excellent score in the various qualifying exams. However, even though the test scores play a vital role in the admission process, they are not the only criteria considered by the institutes for offering admission to the deserving candidates.
VJIM, rated as one of the best management institutes in Hyderabad, has been following a well established admission procedure to help its management select the most deriving candidates. The institute, which was established in 1983, has emerged as one of the best business schools offering world class education to management aspirants. The institute offers three different PGDM programs with dual specialization, marketing and a general program. Each of these courses is of 2 years full time duration and are approved by AICTE and accredited by NAAC. For students seeking admission in this course considered to be at par with an MBA program, given below are the details of the admission process for PGDM 2016.
- The students need to apply for a program of their choice by downloading the application form from the institute’s website at http://vjim.edu.in/application-form/. The properly filled application form is then to be submitted to the institute along with a DD of Rs. 1000/- drawn in favor of “Vignana Jyoti Institute Of Management” at Hyderabad.
- Only candidates who have completed their undergraduate program from a recognized university, or are appearing in their final year exams are eligible to apply. Those who apply after completing the undergraduate program should have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks to be considered eligible for admission.
- VJIM recognizes the various all India test scores, which include GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, ATMA, CMAT and ICET. The test scores are give 30% weight age and a MAT score of 100 is considered equivalent to the CAT score of 40, C-MAT score of 100, ATMA score of 120 and GMAT score of 60.
- The overall evaluation system for the admission process is based on the weight age system that includes the test scores for classes X and XII, degree program, all India test score, work experience, group discussion and personal interview. The weight age for each of the above is 5%, 5%, 10%, 30%, 5%, 10% and 30% respectively.
- Only the candidates, who meet the entire basic educational test score criteria, are called for GD and PI. Their overall performance in these two areas determines their success or failure in gaining admission at VJIM. Unlike other institutes, candidates without any relevant work experience will not be considered eligible for admission to the institute.
- Once the candidates receive the admission offer, they are provided a maximum period of seven working days to accept the offer and pay the registration fee.